A Seminar to raise Capacity within the Criminal Justice System
The British Nigeria Law Forum (BNLF) a bilateral, voluntary, professional organisation (based in the UK and Nigeria), which promotes the development of the law and lawyers cordially invites you to the BNLF Seminar on Terrorism Law & Enforcement at Protea Hotel, Asokoro, Abuja on 3rd February 2015 at 12 noon.
The objective of this event is to raise awareness of the Terrorism (Prevention) Act 2011 & 2013 (TPA) among lawyers, security agents, law enforcement officers and other interested parties. It will highlight the efforts made by the Federal Government to fight terrorism within the ambit of the Nigerian Constitution and international law.
· Examining the role of the National Security Adviser as coordinator of security agencies under the TPA
· Developing a synergy between law enforcement officers, prosecutors and defence counsel
· Working with govt. agencies and NGOs towards protecting victims & witnesses of terrorist atrocities
· Addressing challenges faced by prosecutors in bringing offenders to justice
Other Keynote addresses and papers include:-
- Anti-Terrorism Law in Nigeria -What Safeguards for the Rule of Law? Keynote address by Mohammed Bello Adoke, SAN, CFR, Hon. Attorney-General of the Federation & Minister of Justice (HAGF)
- Overview of Nigeria’s Counter-terrorism Strategy -Role of the NSA as Coordinator under the Terrorism Prevention Act, by Office of the National Security Adviser
- Q& A session chaired by Prof Peter Akper SAN, OFR, Senior Special Assistant to HAGF.
Entry is free but places are limited. Please register your interest (full names, professional address & phone numbers) by email to the name and number below no later than 12 noon on Friday, 30th January 2015.
Chair, British Nigeria Law Forum